Pro Bono Website DevelopmentChina
Websites are a key branding tool for NPOs, but 42% of NPOs in China do not have a website. IT professionals working in China are in demand and often busy. The contest model was used to make the website development project more efficient and fun. Two teams were formed to build two complete websites. The process included several workshops and a two-day marathon event. Each volunteer contributed 30-40 hours for the whole project, which also brought personal satisfaction and friendships.
- Beijing Shifangyuan Elderly Hospice and Mind Care Center - an NPO to train volunteers who care for the elderly
- Beijing Qingyun Middle School - an NPO to educate poor children with talent
PRO BONO WORKERS
A total of ten IT professional volunteers were involved in the website development project. Each NPO website had four volunteers to do the work and two volunteers who supported the whole project management.
OUTCOME & IMPACT
- The NPOs showed 100% satisfaction by receiving the websites on schedule.
- The websites produced are: www.shifangyuan.org and www.qingyunschool.org
- Improved marketing and branding through the websites. The search engine optimization has made Shifangyuan as the top ranking website on Baidu. The volunteers are proud of the work delivered and happy to do more in the future. TAC also developed a complete process and system to give to an NPO as a 'turn-key' website.
PRO BONO SERVICE PROVIDER
Talent Achievement Consulting China